Saturday, March 30, 2013

Crunchy peanut butter banana bread

My first attempt from "Baked elements" by Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafito. I was looking for something to eat for breakfast. As I had overdue bananas at home, the recipe was perfect.
Here are the ingredience:
-Flour
-Sugar
-salt
-baking soda
-mashed bananas
-vegetable oil
-eggs
-whole milk
-crunchy peanut butter
-chocolate chips

I skipped the chocolate chips and used lactosefree milk to have the perfect loaf for me.
It came together easily and very quick. In the oven it took 1h 20m (10m more than given in the recipe). It smelled...awesome but strange.
When it was finished I let it coold down a bit, removed it from the pan and cut a slice of the still slighly warm bread. It was quite good. I´m not sure if I should say really good. I have mixed feelings about the peanut butter. The loaf is very soft, but still firm. And it´s very moist but not sticky. The perfect texture - very soft and chrunchy due to the peanuts.

Doesn´t it look just wonderful?


No comments:

Post a Comment