Saturday, March 30, 2013

Good morning sunshine bars

Today I tried another recipe from "Baked elements" - the good morning sunshine bar. It seems quite unspectacular - Just plain cereal, corn syrup, peanuts, peanutbutter, sugar, salt, vanilla extract and a little chocolate on top. And it doesn´t even go in the oven. As we have no corn syrup in Austria, I raided the internet for alternatives and found out, that you can use sugar syrup (75ml water boiled with 225g sugar) instead. I´m not sure if that has the same texture and everything but I had to try.

I left out the chocolate because I forgot to buy some. Yes, I know. How could I forget chocolate?
Because I made the sugar syrup, I left out the additional 1 cup of sugar, but put in a little more of the syrup. The peanuts are oilfree, handroasted ones my mother brought me from africa.  The bars came together very quickly. The result looks...modest:

BUT it tastes amazing!!! It´s like peanut heaven! The cereal is only half chrunchy, due to the syrup, but the peanuts gives it extra crunch on they´re own and it´s just awesome! I can see myself making these bars to take with me and eat on the go=)

I can only agree with the author of this book: The world does seem like a better place while eating this.



No comments:

Post a Comment